Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 2 in Katy, Texas

Okay...so let's see. Lots has happened in the past couple weeks. We've taught a lot of lessons, but I'm still havin a lil bit of trouble with understanding sometimes. However, it's fun and I like it, I think I'm actually getting in the groove of things a bit. We have 3 baptisms set for this month! First is Luis. Very nice guy, his wife is a member, but has been kind of in-active for a lil while, he's getting baptized on the 17th and doesn't have any problems with anything (tithing, drinking, smoking, etc.) Second, is Jose. His wife is also a member, but has been inactive, so with both of them we're getting them to church and everything. He really wants to get baptized, but he has a problem with drinking. He'll be drinking a beer and half way through realize 'oh I'm not supposed to be drinking this'. So we're trying to work on him a bit. He didn't show up yesterday to church and we don't know why. We'll find out today though. His baptism is scheduled for the 24. Lastly, Joel. Joel's wife has been a member and fairly active. So, he's scheduled for the 31 because his mother in law is flying in from ecuador or something, and he wants her to be there for it. He doesn't have any problems, we just need to finish teaching him the lessons.

Now for other people...Mainly we're working with 2 other people, but we have a lot of so-so people. But the first is a young kid from Mexico , Francisco. He's here from Mexico working with some friends and sending money back to his family. It's hard to actually have him commit to anything and then actually follow through on it. Second big one is Rosa . Most her family lives in the LA area actually, but she moved here with her son and daughter to try and keep them out of trouble. However, her daughter already has a kid, and her son has been drinking and smoking, and she's worried about him joining a gang. She gets really worked up over her kids, and stresses out about them making the right choices.(reminds me a lot of you Mom) I'm sorry for all the stress I've caused, made me really appreciate how nice and helpful you and Dad were during high school. I shared with her how you've found comfort in prayer because we haven't been the best kids, but that through your prayers, the Lord has strengthened you.

Next big thing.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!! I have a card that I'm sending today, but being a stupid boy when I bought the card I forgot to buy an envelope to send it. So I've got to buy one today and send it off to you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and when I'm allowed to have spare time today know that I'm thinking of you :)

As for this Sunday, I was hoping to be able to call up to Gma's at 5 your time....5 YOUR time just to make sure there's no misunderstanding lol. I'll have an hour to talk.

My mission pres. is very nice, and I can tell that he's inspired of the Lord. My companion (pops) is very cool. I'm learning a lot from him about talking to everyone and tons of other stuff. But it's fun....next my actual address here in Katy is: The Lodge @ Copperfield #733
15125 West Road
Houston , TX 77095
and I don't really know a pizza place around here, but you could probably find one online. I love the area, and I really love the people. K I gotta go write everybody in the MTC my address. Love you! I'll check before I sign off if you are on :)
Love you all (y'all) ;),
Elder Daniel Lang

A couple of Email Q & A’s.

Jo Dee: How is the Church there? Danny: Everything here is good. church members are awesome, just as dad described. willing to give you the shirt off their back.

Jo Dee: Where is your companion from? Danny: He's from Salem, Utah and he's been out 9 months

No comments:

Post a Comment