Monday, April 27, 2009

1st Week in the Field

Hola. Como estais? So, I never thought that it would be this hard. We work all day long, and my trainer doesn't like taking long meal times, so I've been surviving on candy and nutragrain bars for the past few days. I'm in Katy for my first transfer, Bear Creek to be more specific. As far as letters go, just send them to the mission home so I don't have to worry about figuring out what our address is. Thank you for the box of candy, I need some real food lol. We've taught like 10-15 lessons since I started last thursday, and I've been trying really hard, but I get kinda nervous, and I don't understand much. We had 2 investigators come to church yesterday, and we've already had a baptism. I don't know what a good pizza place is around here, but my trainer (elder Nelson) said like Dominoe's. k I'm gonna send this one now, to see if anyone is on and wants to talk, then i'll send another one in a bit. Hey, so to finish up. It's really hard, and I'm really tired, but I know that the Lord is helping me. Already I have felt His love flow through me as He reaches to help someone. One of our investigators, Joel, has a baptismal date for the end of may. And Jose we are trying to commit this week to be baptized, he desires it so badly but wants to know more. Our last visit at the end, he said that he really wanted me to learn Spanish so that I could teach him. I felt very humbled because I knew that the Lord would be working through me to help him. I'm excited about the work, not so much about the Spanish lol. It's tough, but I'm learning more everyday. I'm sleeping a lot better now. Hmmmm, what else....I don't know what else to tell you. The weather feels like Hawaii/Mexico. I think that's it for now. I love you!
Love,
Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment